Student Spotlight: Chris Holloway performs “Fly By Night”

Student Spotlight. Students perform songs at EW Guitar Lessons in BaltimoreThis Student Spotlight features Chris Holloway, an 8th grader with a taste for classic rock. While his classmates listen to Adele, Katy Perry and Cee-Lo, Chris prefers Cream, Led Zeppelin and Rush. Not only does Chris listen to classic rock, but he can play many classic rock songs on guitar too.

Check out this video of Chris playing Rush’s “Fly By Night”. He even learned to play the guitar solo. And when I say “play,” I really mean he “rocked” it!

We filmed Chris playing both rhythm guitar and lead guitar parts. I edited them together and you can see them both 1:35 into the video.

Give Chris a round of applause. Learning an entire song, including the solo, takes dedication! Please comment on the video to tell Chris how much you enjoyed his performance!

For more information about me and the guitar lessons that I give in and around Baltimore, visit www.ewguitar.com.

Advertisements

About ewguitar
I am a private guitar instructor in Glen Burnie, MD.

13 Responses to Student Spotlight: Chris Holloway performs “Fly By Night”

1. Don Carver says:

Chris sounds great! I’ve always been a Rush fan. Hit it dead on!

2. Pam says:

Chris, you rock!! Great job — that song looks difficult!

3. Way to go Chris – sounds really (((good!)))

4. Jaime says:

Awesome!! Great job!

5. Jennifer says:

Rock on! That’s great!

6. sherri says:

Because my husband is an absolute Rush fan, I am very very familiar with their work and this is an excellent job! Way to go Chris! It’s also a thrill to see the bands that we grew up with are being kept alive!!!!

7. Pops says:

Chris, you did a fantastic job on a classic Rush song! It’s great for me to hear tunes like Fly by Night done by young people, who weren’t even born at the time of their release! You nailed it!
    Your teacher is extremely proud of you, and rightly so! Keep playing those incredible rock standards!

8. John says:

Awesome vid! Chris, I’m a former student of Earle’s, and I worked on the same song, so I can appreciate what went into that recording — you nailed it!

9. Dawn says:

Chris- Impressive! nicely done. You are very talented!

10. Penny Pennington says:

It’s nice to have talented relatives. GREAT going great nephew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Dan Bradley says:

Fantastic!The solo had the right energy, and the rhythm was rock steady. Great performance!

12. danielpbradley says:

Fantastic! Your lead is full of energy and your rhythm is rock steady. Excellent performance!